15/08/2021 | 20/F Prince Phnom Penh Tower, #445, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh. | 1 Position(s)
Position Title: Property and Non-Property Underwriting Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duty Location: CB General Insurance Plc. Head Office, Phnom Penh
Duty Address: 2/F Phnom Penh Tower, No 445, Monivong blvd.
Report to: Will be report to the Head of Operation. This will be in the form of both verbal communications through regular meetings and through activity overview reports.
Non-Property Underwriting Manager primarily reviewing and analyzing of new and renewal policy applications; responsible for managing risk associated with policy underwriting to ensure profitability. Oversight for underwriting activities and support team members on standard underwriting procedure and may conduct research, analysis, and underwriting for special or complex applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all applicable underwriting activities and review the work of other departmental staff.
- Provide higher level of underwriting approval or denial for department.
- Design, review and recommend policies, processes, procedures and rules to meet internal and external reporting requirements, improve operation efficiency and safeguard corporate assets. Plan and execute implementation.
- Assist Senior Management in ensuring unit meets established guidelines and adheres to all company policy and procedures.
- Participate in the development of work unit or department goals and provide oversight and support in goal attainment.
- Cultivate relationships with internal and external contacts to facilitate the underwriting process, promote business development, and to remain abreast of industry trends.
- Serve as a resource to departmental staff with regards to underwriting procedures, departmental guidelines, and industry trends and developments.
- Reviews pending cases, suspense, approve refunds of premiums up to authority limit conferred for declined or not taken up cases. Approves endorsements and authorizes policy cancellations.
- Assists in problems and complaints resolution. Ensures complaints are resolved or responded within service benchmarks.
- Check and sign off underwriting requirement letters and special terms letters prior to release.
- Undertakes other assignment/duties/ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- Effectively supervise employees, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of three years of Non-Property product line knowledge and experience.
- Requires knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to, coverage issues, products lines, marketing, systems and product competition within the marketplace.
- Ability to plan strategically and prioritize the workload to meet objectives.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) as all Underwriting operations are in a paperless environment.